This page is provided as a general information advisory service to our customers to help you determine when you need professional help. If you have any doubt as to whether your HVAC equipment is operating properly, you should call a professional at once. Better safe than sorry!
IF YOUR FURNACE QUITS WORKING, CHECK THESE ITEMS FIRST:
- Make sure the breaker is not tripped. Tripped breakers are generally in the “mid” position. To test, turn the breaker off, then back on.NOTE: Reset a breaker ONLY once! If it trips again, something is seriously wrong and you need professional help!
- Check your thermostat. Verify it is in the correct heat or cool mode for your needs. Then make sure temperature set-point is correct.
- Check your air filter. Plugged filters can cause a no-heat or no-cooling safety lockout. If your filters are plugged, replace them. Then, shut the unit power off for a few seconds and restart the unit.
If the above tips don’t work, you probably need professional help. Call Air Control.
IF YOU AIR CONDITIONER QUITS WORKING, CHECK THESE ITEMS FIRST:
Follow the same four steps listed above for furnace problems, plus:
- Check breaker or disconnect at the outdoor unit. If it is tripped, reset it only once.
- Listen to the outdoor unit. If you can hear it is running but no cold air is coming out of your ducts, turn the unit off at once before it damages itself, and then call for service.
- Check the outdoor coil. If it is plugged with dirt, shut the system off and clean the coil with a water hose. Restart the system when done.
- If outdoor unit is running, but the outdoor fan is not turning, turn the unit off immediately and call for service.
Forcing an A/C unit to run when it is not working properly can damage the unit. If it is not working properly, DON’T WAIT—SHUT IT DOWN AND CALL FOR SERVICE! Remember: If the above tips don’t work, you need help.